September 2, 2011

Friend Friday: Top 5 Fall Trends

It's weird for me to think that I'm actually looking forward to the fall season. There are so many great fall trends this year that I can't wait to rock! Take a look at my TOP 5 FALL TRENDS!

1. Colorful Pants







Fall Trends Colorful Pants


Etro high rise pants, $580
Alice + Olivia high waisted wide leg pants, £195
Preen pink pants, $1,003
Moschino Cheap & Chic jersey pants, $409


I'm so relieved to see that this trend is being carried into the fall season, I'm not quite ready to put away the bright colors. Colorful pants are also going to be great on those dark moody days. Lets be honest who can be sad while wearing bright pants?! I already have a few ideas in mind on how to style these crazy pants...continue the color blocking and pair them up with more neutral tones. Pairing the whole look up with neutral tones will help dial down the loud level but keep the focus on the pants.

2. Loafers





Fall Trend Loafers


Platform loafer, $136
Alexander Wang leather heels, $650
Alexander Wang leather heels, $650
Platform loafer, $136


I love loafer...high heeled or not. I do adore the high heel loafers because they are perfect cross between feminine and masculine. They are easy to play both sides of the fence are go with a lot of the trends this season: boyish look, colorful pants, plaid, etc.. Once I get my hands on a pair of high heel loafers I totally intend on playing with ultra feminine looks and also taking it to a masculine look. I like clothing and accessories that can be worn more then one way or one look. You get a lot more out of it, not only the article itself but also out the creativity you can create with your clothing.

3. Plaid




Fall 2011 Trend Plaid


Betsey Johnson plaid dress, $98
Junya Watanabe asymmetrical top, $1,090
Carven long sleeve plaid shirt, $365
Kate Spade cape jacket, $595
J Crew plaid skirt, $138
See by Chloe wool cropped pants, $376
Dolce & Gabbana leather lace up boots, $1,045
Lace up shoes, $55
Kate spade handbag, $345
Comme des Garcons checkbook wallet, $235
Ralph Lauren Collection sheer scarve, $395
Ralph lauren sunglasses, $259


When I think about the Fall 2011 Runway season for some reason the L.A.M.B collection is the first to come to mind. I'm not sure why this has stuck with me (I mean besides the rocker glam that is Gwen Stefani). I'm glad to see plaid is back in style which is weird that I like this since I was stuck wearing plaid from Kindergarten to 8th grade when I was in Catholic School. I hated those awful green plaid skirts that they made us wear. For a long time I hated wearing or even the sight of plaid. Until I was maybe a junior or senior in school when I bought these plaid skinny pants from Abercrombie & Finch (I sadly wish I held onto these because I some how think I could still squeeze my way back into them). Anyway it's the 80's rocker in me that loves this trend. I also like that you can dress it up to be more business wear or take it to a rocker level OR even to a masculine side. Either way I definitely plan on pairing up this look with loafers!

4. Boyish



Tomboy


R13 striped tee, $195
Alexander McQueen crepe pants, £450
Madewell polka dot flat shoes, $195
Mulberry locking bag, $1,200
H&M see through shades, £5.99


I'm loving the tomboy look. Cigarette pants paired with loafers, blazers, slippers, fitted and loose fitted tops. Endless options. I love cigarette pants becuase they are well fitted and tapper off at the ankle leaving room to show off your shoes. I love the tomboy look because well I've always been a tomboy! Also this look can go from day to night and you can sex it up by wearing a sheer shirt under your blazer like on the Paul Smith runway show.

5. Polka Dots


Polka Dots


TopShop tshirt dress, $60
Jeremy Laing pullover sweater, $545
Stella McCartney sheer polka dot blouse, $1,195
Marc Jacobs fleece sweater, £825
Missoni polka dot coat, $995
Marc Jacobs wool skirt, £825
Comme des garcon, $185
Stella McCartney polka dot skirt, £520
Marni high heel pumps, $236
Monsoon chain handbag, £18
River Island polka dot handbag, £20
Barneys New York Polka-Dot Folding Umbrella, $130


Polka Dots have always been a favorite pattern of mine. At one point in time everything I bought was polka dot. I remember my favorite party dress was a polka dotted 1950s style dress that I bought for my junior prom. I loved the look and the cut of it. I need to go digging through my storage unit to find it... I plan on pairing up my polka dots with MORE polka dots...stripes....florals....solids.....etc!

What are your favorite trends this fall 2011 season?

7 comments so far

  1. I love every last one of these collections. I actually just splurged and bought myself some amazing platform loafers and leopard slipper flats. I was already excited for Fall, but these pictures just bumped that excitement up a notch!

    www.fashaholicsanonymous.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I've always been a fan of high heeled loafers and I'm glad to see a lot of more of them for Fall. I'm also happy to see bright colors this season too! Down here we don't get autumn weather (just a milder summer) so it's awesome to be able to get more wear out of my summer clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love loafers (flat ones) and I love polka dots. They're my favourite print as well, together with stripes, so this season is going to be awesome for me!

    http://beindiebetrendy.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! We both put loafers and polka dots :) Love your collages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for color pants for the Fall!!! I definitely want a pair of wide-leg red pants
    Shasie of Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!! I look forward to reading them!

Fashionista New York Girl © . Design by FCD.