May 14, 2011

Satya Jewelery

Thursday night I was invited to join Satya Jewelery for a special blogger preview of their Sample Sale. It was a night of beautiful inspired yoga jewelery, champagne, and sweet treats. The best treat of all was free jewelery on behalf of Satya Jewelery. Thanks to the beautiful designers Satya and Beth each blogger that was invited to the event was given a $200 store credit! I can not explain how much I appreciated this generous gift and how much they really appreciate bloggers in order to give such a kind gift to us. Thank goodness that I did end up finding the sample store front because I got terribly lost down in Tribeca and thought about giving up (I walked around for about an hour just totally lost) until I found a empty cab which took me to where I needed to go (yes I've lived in NY my whole life and still get lost in certain parts of the city like Tribeca). I was so relieved to have found the store front and walked into an open bright friendly room. It was a total change of pace from that of the Rebecca Minkoff Sample Sale. It was just a friendly warm place which was perfect to showcase their serene pieces of jewelery.

I was amazed by all the jewelry and the different types of stones they use. Each piece was unique in their own way. All of their jewelery is yoga based and each piece of their jewelery has a symbol behind it whether it is the type of stone that is used or the symbol on the jewelery itself. It's a nice change of pace from the everyday jewelery that we see or wear. It's great to have a reminder sometimes whether it's to take a deep breath or to remind ourselves to be courageous. It's also wonderful to be able to carry that around with us and to be able to look at a beautiful stone or symbol for that reminder. I find it amazing how stones have a much deeper meaning then the fact that they are beautiful like black onyx is worn "to defend against against negativity that is directed at you" (crystal-cure.com).


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Onyx- Stone of endurance. Guides positive decision making in challenging times.


Photobucket

Carnelian- Stone of protection. Protects against fear, promotes positive thought and stabilizes all energies.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Turquoise- Stone of healing. Uplifts, heals and cleanses the spiritual energy center and the physical body.


Photobucket

Ruby- Stone of passion. Brings spiritual health, wealth and wisdom.


Photobucket

Cherry Quartz Stone of harmony. Balances the mind, emotions and relationships.


While selecting my jewelery I knew I wanted a few pieces for myself (of course) and I wanted to share some with people that have been here for me and have experienced this blogging journey with me. I picked out a necklace for my mom and something special for a special someone (I can't give anything away just in-case she reads this). I got my mom a beautiful turquoise necklace, she's always been a fan of the color and the stone. As soon as I gave it to her she put it on which matched her blue poka dot shirt (my mom is so fashionable).

Photobucket


Photobucket

It's hard to say which one of the pieces that I picked out for myself is my favorite but the one that made me really swoon was the crisp cut onyx stone necklace. It's so elegant and I just loved the clean cut of the stone. As soon as I saw it I knew it was for me.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Lotus- Embodies infinite potential. Symbolizes renewal, transformation and new beginnings.


Photobucket

Tree of Life- Evokes deep grounding and faith. Represents the union between heaven and earth.


Photobucket

Pearl- Stone of sincerity. Instills faith, charity and innocence.

I spent about an hour in the store just walking from table to table with my eyes glued on each piece of jewelry. So much love and thought goes into each jewelry design and you can tell my the symbols they use paired with the stones. They are definitely a place that I would go back to for myself and for gifts. The best part is you don't have to be in New York City (or in London!) in order to buy their jewelery you can go on to their website SatyaJewelry.com and order some of their pieces. If you happen to live in NYC go check out their sample sale that is going on right now till tomorrow (Sunday May 15) from 10 am to 6pm. You can find the sample sale store front at 64 North Moore Street, between Greenwich and Hudson. If you are unable to make to the sample sale but would like to visit one of their many locations in New York City visit their boutique location page here or if you live in London you can visit their boutique at 28 Henrietta Street. Hope you all get a chance to check their lovely designs!

Any one of their pieces your favorite?

3 comments so far

  1. Oh, the pearl stone earrings are my favourite! Thanks for your kind comment! Looks like you had quite the time with these beautiful pieces!

    f ashioncont a gious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's amazing! Congrats on the invite and the card! Those pieces look amazing and unique. I'm always looking for unique jewelry.

    Shasie
    Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely..its lovely collection. I am enjoying reading your post. Your jewelry collection is too good..Thanks for sharing. I would love to buy some pieces for myself.
    Engagement Rings NYC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!! I look forward to reading them!

Fashionista New York Girl © . Design by FCD.